Because acetylene can be easily mixed with air to form explosive mixture, it is necessary to operate strictly in accordance with safety standards when using acetylene bottles due to its characteristics such as open fire and high heat energy causing combustion explosion. What are the specifications for the use of acetylene cylinders?
1. The acetylene bottle shall be equipped with special tempering preventer and pressure-relief device. For the work place is not fixed and moves more, it shall be mounted on the special car.
2. It is strictly prohibited to knock, collide with and exert strong vibration, so as to avoid the formation of holes caused by the sinking of the porous filler in the bottle, which will affect the storage of acetylene.
3. The acetylene bottle should be placed upright, and it is strictly prohibited to use lying down. This can be dangerous because the acetone in the bottle will flow out of the bottle with acetylene, or even into the rafter through the decompression apparatus.
4. Open the acetylene cylinder with a special plate hand. When opening the acetylene bottle, the operator should stand behind the valve port and move gently. Don’t use up the gas in the bottle. A residual pressure of 0.1-0.2mpa should be left in winter and 0.3mpa in summer.
5. The service pressure shall not exceed 0.15mpa and the gas transmission speed shall not exceed 1.5~2 cubic meters (m3)/hour · bottle.
6, the temperature of acetylene bottle should not exceed 40℃, to prevent exposure in summer. Because the temperature in the bottle is too high, the solubility of acetylene to acetone will be reduced, and the pressure of acetylene in the bottle will increase sharply.
7. Acetylene bottle shall not be close to heat source and electrical equipment.
8. The bottle valve is frozen in winter, so it is strictly prohibited to roast on fire. Thaw with hot water below 40℃ when necessary.
9. The connection between acetylene pressure-relief device and cylinder valve shall be reliable. Do not use in case of air leakage. Otherwise, a mixture of acetylene and air would form and explode as soon as an open fire is touched.
10. It is strictly prohibited to use in places with poor ventilation and radiation, and it is not allowed to put on rubber and other insulating materials. The distance between acetylene cylinder and oxygen cylinder used in time should be more than 10m.
11. If the gas cylinder is found defective, the operator shall not repair it without authorization and shall inform the safety supervisor to send it back to the gas plant for treatment.
Post time: Sep-27-2020