Gas cylinders are very common both in life and in production. It is a kind of pressure equipment, with flammable, explosive, toxic, strong corrosion and other properties, so for the industrial cylinder placement requirements are very strict. Today, let’s take a look at the specific placement requirements.
1. Gas cylinders should be stored in a place with good ventilation. It is strictly prohibited to store them in the vicinity of precision equipment, cables, refueling systems, inflammables, etc., or in a confined space. Cylinders must be fitted with two shock rings and cylinder caps.
2. The cylinder shall be kept upright and placed in the cylinder rack, cylinder cage or other specified area, and shall be fixed by ropes, chains and other special fixed facilities or other feasible measures.
3. Do not contact the cylinder with electrified objects, and do not contaminate the cylinder valve with grease.
4. It is strictly prohibited to mix gas cylinders with inflammable and explosive materials.
5. Tighten the cap of the cylinder before handling. Gas cylinders should be lightly loaded and lightly unloaded. It is strictly prohibited to throw or roll or collide. Gas cylinders should be moved using trolleys, carts, etc.
6. Do not use the gas bottle cap as a lifting point or handle.
7. It is strictly prohibited to put the gas cylinder near the heat source. The temperature of the storage environment of the gas cylinder shall comply with the following provisions: no higher than 40℃ for acetylene cylinder, no higher than 50℃ for argon cylinder, and no higher than 60℃ for oxygen cylinder.
8. The gas in the cylinder shall not be used up. The residual pressure of oxygen cylinder shall not be less than 0.2mpa. The residual pressure of argon gas bottle shall not be lower than 0.5mpa. The residual pressure of acetylene cylinder shall not be lower than the following provisions: the residual pressure is 0.1mpa when the ambient temperature is 0 ° c ~ 15 ° c, 0.2mpa when the ambient temperature is 15 ° c ~ 25 ° c, and 0.3mpa when the ambient temperature is 25 ° c ~ 40 ° c.
9. It is strictly prohibited to mix oxygen and acetylene cylinders. During gas welding (cutting), a safe distance of at least 5 meters should be kept between the oxygen cylinder and acetylene cylinder, and the safe distance between the cylinder and the fire point should not be less than 10 meters.
10. Gas cylinder accessories, such as hard hat, shockproof ring, pressure gauge and pressure reducing valve, should be all ready and qualified. Combustible gas cylinders such as dissolved acetylene cylinders should also be equipped with backwarmers suitable for gas types, and different types of backwarmers should not be used in combination.
11. The dissolved acetylene cylinder should not lie down when in use.
12. Rubber hose connected to the gas cylinder must be firmly tied with stirrups. Damaged and seriously aged rubber hose shall not be used.
13. Check the gas tightness of the cylinder system before the gas welding (cutting) operation, and shall not be used when there is a leak in the system.
14. Do not use gas cylinders that are out of date or have not been stamped for inspection.
15. No dangerous means such as rope pulling shall be used to transport cylinders upward or downward by means of free fall down stairs or ramps.
Post time: May-14-2020